Monday, January 11, 2010

Yay! We're all nuts for Avatar!

People: Seriously, Avatar, though fucking awesome, is just a movie. It really says something about this film that so much discussion centers around it. People are saying it's racist. They say it's another example of white people saving the noble savage. I don't know about it being racist. But, it is one of a long list of movies that portray "White Guilt" this way. Historically, in film, whites have lived out this fantasy. So I don't get too excited by this claim. It appears to be true. Some people are saying that the movie is anti military. Um, tards, the people in the movie aren't soldiers. They aren't military. They are mercenaries of "The Corporation". Soldiers and Mercenaries are NOT the same thing. If you are confused, I dare you to ask a Marine what the difference is. This movie is anti corporate greed. I am too. So that's all right with me. Some people seem to be having a hard time separating themselves from the fantasy world of Pandora. There are many reports of depression and thoughts of suicide after seeing this movie. Wow, people. I don't know what else to say. Is your life that shitty that you can't bear the thought of returning to the real world? I guess so. Please get some help. I don't mean that in a sarcastic manner. Movies like this should excite your imagination and bring you joy. They shouldn't make you want to die. We'll leave that to movies like "Battlefield Earth".

No comments:

Post a Comment