Monday, January 18, 2010

Moon

Saw the movie "Moon" starring Sam Rockwell this weekend. It was cool. Well written, acted and directed. I absolutely loved the design of the moon base and the rovers. They had a very 1970's feel to them. Everything was stark white and angular. It reminded me strongly of "Alien" and "Space 1999". So my inner 1970's kid was running around the room in circles of joy the whole time. It was a tiny bit distracting for me that it starred Sam Rockwell. He will always be "Wild Bill" from "The Green Mile" to me. "Stinky PINKY! PEW! PEW! PEW!" But I was able to put that mostly aside and enjoy the film. It looked like all the effects were practical. This is always a plus for me. I would love to get a model or toy of the rover. (Nerd voice) "That would be aweshum!(End nerd voice). This movie is for you if: you are a nerd, you were a kid int he 70's, you like Sam Rockwell, you like cool movie and I don't have to punch you in the mouth. (Drops Microphone!)

No comments:

Post a Comment