Monday, January 25, 2010

Intolerably Boring-sterds

"Inglorious Basterds?" Uh, It was ok. I really can't see what the small amount of fuss was about. I don't get the fantasy world war II aspect of the whole thing. The funny thing is that if this were a book, it would be found in the science fiction section under "Alternate History". There are a lot of books in this genre and most of them are mind numbingly boring. Sorry Harry Turtledove, I don't care to read your story about "What if the South won the Civil War because they invented lightsabers". Doesn't appeal to me at all in book form. Maybe a movie on Syfy (snicker) would peak my interest further. Oh wait, no it wouldn't. Fool me once you rascally channel! Sure "Ice Spiders" sounded kinda cool. Maybe they shoot ice out there spider nanners!? Nope. And that Landa guy (or whatever his name was) should have worn a tshirt with "EVIL" written on it. Man, that guy telegraphed his actions a mile away. That was really a key point of why I didn't enjoy this movie much. Predictability ran rampant all over this movie. So that wasn't awesome. I liked the cinematography and costumes though. Those Nazi's really knew how to dress. What is it about American movies that makes us spend so much time focusing on the villain's outfits. Granted, the Nazi's did dress like that. But it seemed almost fetishistic. Maybe that was the point. Oh yeah, we knew Shoshanna would turn up again and play a prominent part.

I'm REALLY not a fan of Quentin Tarantino. I just don't get why people love that guy despite the fact that he has a really annoying personality. His movies are not great. Yeah, I said it. There is "Pulp Fiction". There are people that absolutely LOVE that movie. I have seen it and to this day, I cannot see what is so great about it. I thought it was boring. So, even if I throw him a bone and say that movie was ok he still has no other good movies. NONE. AT. ALL. Sorry. The parts I saw of "Kill Bill" were lame. I had to turn those movies off. I put "Kill Bill" somewhere in the "Battlefield Earth" pile of all things that are awful. If you love those movies: I'm sorry. We can still be friends. But, please stop trying to convince me that Taratino has anything to offer me. He is a tool. A dull and long winded tool.

The only good thing I've ever gotten from him was exposure to Robert Rodriguez. Now that guy is cool. "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" was awesome! Brilliant? No. Innovative? No. But the man made Antionio Banderas COOL. Rodriguez must have made deal with Satan. I can't wait to see his "Predators" movie. Even if I'm supposed to believe that Adrian Brody is a badass. Maybe he is the guy in the squad that writes home to his sweety every day and gets horribly killed in the first act. I can get behind that. Suck on that Lars Ulrich!

1 comment:

  1. I liked the movie because I thought Brad Pitt was REALLY good in it. But I agree... Quentin Tarrantino annoys the crap out of me, and his movies are re-tar-ded. Perhaps it's his big, bloated ego, or his smug self-important sense of superiority that really bothers me. Either way, I purposely steer clear of his movies at all costs... unless they star Brad Pitt. Then it's a struggle.

    ReplyDelete