Thursday, February 11, 2010

Yay! Models!

I've realized that I have been spending much less time and money on collecting toys lately and instead spending that time on modeling. Right, right...Hardy, har, har. No, Tyra Banks is in no danger from me. I'm talking about building plastic models of space ships and cars and what not. Here are my latest completions:

Mobius' Robot B-9 from TV's "Lost in Space":


Despite the fact that there are relatively few parts , this model was a pain in the ass to build. It was pretty clearly made from a VERY old mold and the parts that made up the arms did not fit well together at all. The instructions were also shit and I didn't end up using them. Fortunately, the model was simple and it was pretty clear where things went from the picture on the box. That being said, I really enjoyed this build because of the painting. This one required extensive masking. Which is very time consuming. even though I used rattle cans, it came out VERY well. (For me anyways).

Revell's reissued Battlestar Galactica Viper:


So this one was a joy to build from beginning to end. It is also a pretty simple model to build. All the pieces went together well. This one is awesome more for the painting than the building. I'm about halfway done painting this one. I have more weathering and detail work to complete. I'll eventually get around to finishing it. However, it's far along enough now to call it "done" if I really wanted too. I didn't end up using many of the included stickers. For example, all of the stripes on the model are included in the sticker sheet. I Figured those would turn out looking really lame so I hand painted those on. It made weathering the stripes a breeze. I did use the Galactica insignias and the pilots name stickers.

There you....I'm sure you were totally enthralled.

No comments:

Post a Comment